WORK VISA POLICY / PROCEDURE
Work Visas are granted to foreign technical and managerial personnel for the purpose of imparting technical know-how and skills to the local population. The duration of work visa is two years.
As per Visa Policy cases of grant or extension of Work Visas, and conversion of Business Visas to Work Visas are processed within 4 weeks by BOI.
Companies that need to hire foreign nationals should submit a request along with the Prescribed Application Form and documents to IF Wing BOI Islamabad. For the convenience of companies based in the province of Sindh, BOI Karachi Office has also been authorized to process Work Visa cases. Prescribed form can be obtained from BOI Offices at Islamabad and Karachi or can be downloaded from the above link.
ONLINE WORK VISA APPLICATION
Companies can submit their work visa application online at the following link. prescribed online application form
· The sponsors registered in Pakistan apply on the Prescribed Application Form along with requisite documents to BOI to process their applications. On receipt of complete documents from sponsors, BOI analyzes the documents and forwards the case to the concerned quarters for their views / comments.
· If no adverse report is received within stipulated period of 04 weeks, BOI issues recommendation for the grant / extension / conversion of Business Visa into work visa to Ministry of Interior for issuance of visa advice to Pak-Missions abroad / Regional Passport Offices in Pakistan.
· If any adverse report is received from the concerned quarters, the work visa is cancelled immediately.
CONVERSION OF BUSINESS VISA INTO WORK VISA
Conversion of Business Visa into Work Visa and vice versa has been allowed on payment of conversion fee of US $100/.
IMPOSITION OF ‘OVERSTAY SURCHARGE’ ON FOREIGNER
(a) All Foreign Nationals
|Period of Overstay||Overstay Surcharge|
|up to 2 weeks||–|
|above 2 weeks to 1 month||US $ 50/-|
|above 1 month to 3 months||US $ 200/-|
|above 3 months to 1 year||US $ 400/-|
- All powers of externment etc. available with MOI will apply in addition to the above surcharge.
- There will no condonation of overstay charges.
- No surcharge shall be payable in case of holders of diplomatic passports.
BUSINESS VISAS FOR BUSINESSMEN / INVESTORS
To facilitate travel to and staying in Pakistan for foreign businesspersons and investors, business visa policies have been considerably relaxed. Pakistan Missions abroad are authorized to grant five years validity (multiple entry) visa within 24 hours to businessmen of 66 countries of Business Visa List (BVL), with the duration of each stay would be restricted for three months, on production of any of the following documents:
- Recommendation letter from Chamber of Commerce & Industry of the respective country of the applicant.
- Invitation letter from business organization duly recommended by the concerned Trade Organization/ Association, in Pakistan.
- Recommendatory letter by Honorary Investment Counsellors of BOI.
- Recommendatory letter from Pakistani Commercial Attaché posted in Pakistan High Commissions / Embassies / Consulates General abroad.
|4||Azerbaijan||14||Czech Republic||24||Indonesia||34||Luxembourg||44||Philippines||54||South Africa||64||United Arab Emirates|
ENTRY VISA TO BUSINESSMEN OF REMAINING 123 COUNTRIES
Pakistan Missions abroad can grant one month validity and stay (Multiple) entry visa to the businessmen of remaining 123 countries (except countries not recognized by Pakistan) subject to the production of afore-mentioned requisite documents. Such applicants can apply from their own country or place of legal residence to our Ambassador/High Commissioner/Head of Mission.
VISA ON ARRIVAL (VOA) TO BUSINESSMEN OF 66 COUNTRIES
Visa On Arrival for 30 days validity and stay will be given to the businessmen of 66 countries of Business Visa List (BVL) mentioned above on production of any of the documents as for entry business visa by Missions for businessmen.
REGISTRATION OF FOREIGNERS WITH THE POLICE
It has been decided to exempt all foreigners who have been issued work visas from registration with the police, except for nationals of countries on the negative list.
Even in the case of countries on the negative list (except for Indians and foreigners of Indian origin), foreign nationals in the managerial category who are issued work permits/visas will also be exempted from police registration.
Name of Countries to which Police Registration is Required
|PALESTINE||SHAM / SYRIA|
List of Countries with whom Pakistan has Visa Aboltion Agreements
|Sr. #||Name of Country||Period for which visa is not required||Remarks|
|01.||Algeria||Three months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|02.||Austria||Three months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|03.||Azerbaijan||One month||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|04.||Argentina||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|05.||Belgium||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|06.||Brazil||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|07.||China||One month||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|08.||Czech||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|09.||Denmark||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|10.||Finland||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|11.||Germany||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|12.||Hellenic Republic (Greece)||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|13.||Hong Kong||14- days||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|14.||Ice Land||Three Months||All Nationals of Country|
|15.||Iran||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|16.||Kazakhstan||One month||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|17.||Kyrgyz Republic||30-days||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|18.||Luxemburg||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|19.||Maldives||Three Months||All Nationals of Country|
|20.||Mexico||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|21.||Morocco||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|22.||Netherlands||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|23.||Norway||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|24.||Nepal||One month||All Nationals of Country|
|25.||Philippines||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|26.||Romania||One month||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|27.||Russian Federation||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|28.||South Korea||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|29.||Tonga||Un-specified period||All Nationals of Country|
|30.||Tunisia||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|31.||Turkey||Three Months||Diplomatic & official passport holders|
|32.||Trinidad & Tobago||Un-specified period||All Nationals of Country|
|33.||Tajikistan||Three Months||Diplomatic Passport holders|
|34.||Vietnam||Three Months||Diplomatic & Official passport holders|
|35.||Western Samoa||One month||All Nationals of Country|
|36.||Yemen||Three Months||Diplomatic Special & Official Passport Holders|
|37.||Zambia||Three Months||All Nationals of Country|
• Diplomatic Passport holders of Federal Republic of Germany should acquire a diplomatic visa prior to taking up a diplomatic assignment in Pakistan on reciprocal basis, vide Ministry of Interior letter No.1/5/76-Visa dated 08-06-2005
• Modified vide interior Division’s U.No.1/1/74-Visa dated 27-06-2006 (Dte File No.4/1/2006-Policy)
• Effective from 14-12-2006
• Included vide Ministry of Interior’s U.O.No.1/9/2004-Visa dated: 28-02-2007
• Included vide Ministry of Interior’s U.O.No.1/7/2003 –Visa dated: 24-02-2007
Work Visa Recommendation issued for grant, extension
and conversion of Business Visa into Work Visa
|Years||No of Expatriates|